Elaine Boria's World Famous "DOUBLE DECKER FUDGE"
· 2 CUPS (12 oz. pack) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips divided
· 1/4 cup butter, melted
· 1/2 cup Coca
· 1 tsp. Vanilla
· 4 1/2 cups sugar
· 1 jar 7oz. marshmallow cream
· 1 1/2 CUP (12 oz. can) evaporated milk
· 1/4 cups butter
1. Line 13x9x2 inch pan with foil. Place 1 CUP peanut butter chips in med. bowl, set aside.
2. In second med. bowl, blend 1/4 cup melted butter, coca & vanilla until smooth: add 1 cup peanut butter chips.
3. In heavy 4 quart saucepan, combine sugar, Marshmallow cream, evaporated milk & 1/4 cup butter. Cook, stirring CONSTANTLY, over med. heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil; boil & stir 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Immediately add half of hot mixture to bowl with peanut butter chips only. Pour remainder into coca mixture" stir to blend.
5. Stir peanut butter mixture until chips are completely melted; spread evenly in prepared pan.
6. Beat cocoa mixture until chips are melted and mixture thickens. Spread evenly over top of peanut butter layer.
7. Cool completely; remove from pan. Remove foil and cut into squares.
8. STORE IN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER (TIN), in a cool dry place.
Makes about 4 pounds.
NOTES: You can freeze this. Be sure to keep tin lid on. This sounds involved. It's not. Once you do it once, you've got it. Well worth it. I've had requests for this recipe for over 30 years on a regular bases.